The Redhead's Green Thumb

Xiane rambles about eco-issues, gardening, crafts, and life.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

 

... because I need more Crafts to do. Really.

Just took up needle felting [for fun and profit woo!] and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Seriously, how can you resist a craft that requires you to *jab jab jab jab jab* stuff to create things?
So far I've made a small free-form bowl with a swirl design and a felted flower, complete with a leaf - that will probably become a brooch. I'm working on another bowl, which I'll probably be selling. They're perfect for putting on your nightstand to hold jewelry, or to put on your altar for offerings.

I'll have photos eventually, I've just been behind in getting some decent ones due to lighting restrictions around here. [only natural light seems to bring out the proper colours in things; even my attempt to build a makeshift lightbox has't yielded the results that I'd like.]

The other thing I've been working on, thanks to Melissa from Snitches Get Stitches, is making mineral makeup! She and I have been working to create cool eyeshadow colours that will stay on through pretty much any activity - yet come off easily with soap or a cleanser. This project was totally her idea, and it's a great one. We've been having a blast making a huge pigmented mess and covering ourselves in oxides. :D

What's your newest craft? Do tell!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   June 2008   October 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]