The Redhead's Green Thumb

Xiane rambles about eco-issues, gardening, crafts, and life.

Monday, May 07, 2007

 

Beltane Brouhaha 2007


bb0703
Originally uploaded by xiane threeravens.

This is a shot of one of the tables under the canopy that I shared with the quite excellent Mystic Artisans - you can see Myrddin in the corner, there - at Beltane Brouhaha. We were blessed with wonderful weather, sunny skies, and decent temperatures with just some strong breezes on Saturday to vex us.
Vending at a campsite like the one at King's Mountain is always fun! I camped in my Jeeple, brushed my teeth in a field amidst 7am morning mist and mud puddles, and danced under the moonlight with my feet bare and free.
The sales were good - I sold a lot of loose herbs, books, and clothing, as well as some of my products. I also talked to a lot of lovely people and made a great connection with Myrddin and his fiancee "Evil Twin" [Toni] that was cemented with lots of great talk and plotting to make some things happen in the local pagan crafter's scene. There are a lot of creative pagan people in the Carolinas, and we really want to get a support network for them going!
My endless thanks go out to Myrddin for the invite to vend and share space, Toni for the hard work, Miles for giving me a reprieve and allowing me to spend all my profits on goodies [hee!], and the Browns and NCPCOW for hosting the event and making a great time happen. Thank you SO much.

***

In other news, I'm learning to spin with a drop spindle, and it has been really fun and fulfilling! I took to it right away, and I'll have photos of my singles that I spun tonight, as well as the lovely spindle I purchased, in the morning. But for now - sleep!


Comments:
Looks like you had a lovely time. Being out in nature is the BEST! I'm sure the weather in the Carolinas is beautiful right now. Glad you were able to participate. :)
 
Your setup looks great. I'm glad it went well for you!
 
Lovely blog - so lovely, I thought I'd TAG you :D

Check out my blog to see what this means!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   June 2008   October 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]