The Redhead's Green Thumb

Xiane rambles about eco-issues, gardening, crafts, and life.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

 

Dealing With Dandelions... for Dinner! - LIME

Dealing With Dandelions... for Dinner! - LIME

This is a nice, short article about my favourite foraged food: DANDELIONS! How eco-friendly is that - eating the weeds! :)

[yum]

My favourite way to prepare them is to sauté young greens in a small bit of olive oil and veggie broth, with onions, garlic, and cooked black eyed peas or navy beans. [mushrooms are good here, too.] Finish off with some apple cider vinegar to taste, and a touch of salt and pepper - mmmmmmm.

Comments:
I like my dandy greens better raw than cooked, and usually mixed with other greens.
I recently made a nourishing dandy leaf vinegar that I really enjoy (reminds me that I should make some more) that I sprinkle on salads or even pasta.
But I like to make a "cider tea" out of it (I call it my elixir): 1 tsp infused vinegar, 1 tsp honey and 1/2 mug worth of boiling water. I drink this concoction once or twice a day about a half hour before a meal. It helps break down fats, improves digestion and I believe it increases the absorption of nutrients.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   June 2008   October 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]